I have a lot of catching up do!
I haven’t posted for a while due to being forcibly occupied with the real world, as opposed to the world of Pigeon that exists in my head. In this world I imagine that anyone who is reading this, (or even knows I exist – Mum are you still reading these posts?) believes that there really is a city-pigeon sitting at a desk typing away with it’s beak after a hard days work scavenging and sketching.
So! Here is a rough round up of everything I have been up to in last few months.
You can see the full exhibition here.
In September got to exhibit with Stitch Ink again in the Grain Barge in Bristol through Drawn in Bristol.
You can also see the full exhibition online here.
Meanwhile I had been working on some drawings:
Experimenting with an idea I had of Photobombing animals…
And various other drawings…
Then there was Christmas where I had stock in Paper Scissors Stone through Made in Bristol and saw my last month in BS8
And making cover artwork for the Cheltenham Poetry Society and Armchair Committee…
And finally two pieces I made this week…
That’s about all for now, I’m looking forward to being inspired by Spring and the promise of warmer weather!
I’ve been away for a while going to festivals and cat-sitting, but I’m back with some more work and there will be lots more to come.
Firstly I have been making artwork for a Ventricles single.
I added a background of Victorian medical documentation which I think could work well, but there is still a lot to do on this project.
I have also been working on a family of birds based on a series of Russian Nesting Dolls I decorated with cardboard a couple of years ago. I have been messing around with colours and styles for this project, but I am still not sure what they will look like finished, or even their purpose, but I like the little guys and want them to be part of something eventually.
I have been drawing lots of bears for Armchair Committee again. But a lot of them didn’t work out. I thought a bear climbing a tree would be good or fighting bears, but none of them really worked as drawings or fitted with the mood of the album, so I settled on a bear with a fish in it’s mouth. (Also through doing this project I have found that bears can quite easily look like humans and the fighting bears ended up looking like a couple of drunk humans having a fight!)
For my next project I want to illustrate Camille Saint-Saens Carnival of the Animals. I began with Fossils, being one of the most popular pieces in the series. I began with a cow skull:
And wanted to decorate it with pattern in the Day of the Dead style and maybe make this a running theme throughout the project:
But they ended up looking too much like gimp masks, so I abandoned that idea and moved on! To dinosaurs and proper fossils, more of which are to come.
I have also been playing with ideas for Aquarium, one of the other most recognised pieces of the series.